Monday 12 May 2014

Alternative Movie Poster Brief

As a movie lover his has been the most enjoyable brief of the year. Producing posters is one of my favourite areas of design and having restrictions such as it having to be screen printed in 2 colours has made it more challenging and fun. I got the film 'Live Free or Die Hard', which i had already seen. i was conflicted to whether i was happy about this, as it's a film I really enjoy yet it lacks a story line or conceptual ideas that I could incorporate into my design. My design I felt was rather basic, so I tried to make it conceptual in other ways. Since it was an action movie with plenty of fireballs and explosions like every Die Hard film, I wanted to print my work onto fireproof paper. Unfortunately it was difficult to get hold of, and I ran out of time as I would have to screen print onto it. I originally went to make my design orange, and through a serendipitous accident I didn't use an opaque yellow when mixing the orange. When i experimented with printing onto black card, it produced an olive green colour instead which was perfect for the design. It made the design look much more military and also digital (the digital world and hacking is a huge story line in the film).

No comments:

Post a Comment